Recipe created by: Miriam Borys Busby
2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 shallot (approx. 3 tbsp.)
1/2 - 3/4 cup vegetable stock ( or water) liquid is used to thin the hummus to the desired consistency
1 cup cilantro with stems
- Drain chick peas well. Rinse under cold water in a wire mesh sieve and drain well.
- Add all ingredients into the food processor. To help in the processing cut up pepper into chunks first.
- Process until large pieces are gone. Scrape the sides of the processor bowl down.
- Continue to process while adding vegetable stock or water until the hummus is at the desired consistency. This stage is up to you and your personal taste so add more liquid if you don’t want the hummus too thick.
- Store in the fridge until needed. Goes very well with crackers or a fresh vegetable tray.